Another Proud Moment for PRAA Baseball
This past weekend the Porter Ridge 10U select team competed in their first Select CCBL tournament against teams that were well coached from the Lake Norman and South Charlotte area.
The boys went undefeated and were Tournament Champs! Coaches and Parents are very proud of these boys, they competed very hard with class and respect! It was great to see the 10U neighborhood boys back on the field wearing PR on their chest.
Congratulations boys - WELL DONE!
Porter Ridge Soccer Club Girls Tryouts - NOW OPEN!
Date: April 26th 10:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Location: Hemby Bridge Elementary Football Field
Cost: $20 Tryout Fee
We are looking forward to a GREAT SEASON!
Porter Ridge Athletic Association where it's all about the kids having fun!
To our members at PRAA,
The spring season has begun and in our continued initiative of open communication, I have highlighted some information for you about PRAA. I want to again thank all the executive board members, commissioners, coaches and volunteers who have truly done so much behind the scenes to help launch this 2014 spring season.
Springtime Sports Facts
• We have over 650 children playing sports (Soccer, Softball, Baseball) this spring at PRAA
• Soccer has 28 teams including 310 children players and over 45 coaches/assistant coaches
• Softball has 8 teams including 82 children players with 8 coaches/assistant coaches
• Baseball has 24 teams including 238 children players and over 50 coaches/assistant coaches
Spring time costs
With any facility, there are maintenance issues and upkeep. This spring so far, some of the costs include, but are not limited to;
• Soccer spent $7,600 on new goals which were desperately needed.
• Baseball Spent over $3,000 on field upgrades/maintenance and a new pitcher's mound.
• Plans are underway to repair the dugouts at the softball fields and top dress the infield. (We are working with a sponsor & volunteers to accomplish most of this)
• The PRAA spent over $6,500 replacing all the doors to the field house.
• The PRAA spent just under $10,000 renovating both the Porter Ridge Elementary and Porter Ridge Middle School baseball fields which are used by both the schools and PRAA.
If you want to learn more about the how PRAA runs, our next board meeting will be on Sunday, April 6th at 6pm at the Hemby Town Hall.
If you would like to get a better understanding of our financial status/processes, please email Scott McGillivray for an appointment.
Porter Ridge Athletic Association
Dear PRAA Members,
Our number one priority is for these kids to have fun and be safe. Our association continues to grow and parking is becoming more of an issue. It is very important for the safety of all the children that you follow the parking guidelines.
When parking in the main lot (where the buses usually park) please park appropriately close to the car next to you so we don't waste space.
No Parking on the playground
It is strictly forbidden for anyone to move the parking stanchions unless approved by a commissioner or executive board member (only).
No parking on the fields.
We will be creating a parking area for handicap guest. You must have a handicap plate/tag to park in these spots or your vehicle will be towed.
Please do not leave valuables in your car as PRAA and or Union County are not responsible for any items reported stolen from your vehicles.
Please always drive slowly through the parking lot knowing that children are all around the park.
Please keep the parking lot clean.We have plenty of trash barrels in the parks where you can throw trash away.
These are simple guidelines and we hope you will make an effort to follow them. It won't be easy to police this program however we hope you will understand this is for the safety of the children and policing will not be necessary. If you see someone not following the guidelines, please communicate the issue to the concession stand volunteer or reach out to me directly.
A special "Thank You" to Paul Cimino for all his work in making up the new stanchions. They will assist us in keeping our children safe.
Thank you for caring,
Porter Ridge Athletic Association
Welcome to the Porter Ridge Athletic Association
Spring is here and it's time to sign the kids up for Soccer, Baseball and Softball. Click above on the sport you're interested in and if you have any questions, please go to the "contact us" tab and reach out to the appropriate commissioner.
We look forward to another great season of youth sports.